Your move-in is soon approaching and we are looking forward to having you as a new resident. We would like to give you an overview of what to expect come August 15th, along with some helpful information.
All leases commence at 2 p.m. on August 15th. Please note that the contractors may still be in the unit preparing for your move-in on August 15th. Key pick-up will take place in the lobby of your building. August rent is due prior to key pick-up. If you have not already received access to your on-line tenant portal, please let us know to set up on-line payments. We ask that one leaseholder pick up keys for the entire unit. This greatly helps expedite the move-in process.
If you need the assistance of a moving truck or van, we suggest planning this well in advance. Moving vehicles become limited in the Madison area during move-out and move-in time.
- Mad City Moving: 608-274-9855
- Two Men and a Truck: 608-340-1557
- U-Haul: 608-256-3743 or 608-833-6610
- Budget Truck Rental: 608-221-8566
*Please note that many moving trucks/vans do not pass clearance into our underground parking garages.
Parking in downtown Madison on move-in day is very limited. LZ Management will open all of our lots on August 15th to accommodate our residents. Please be sure that you are parked at the correct address and actively moving belongings. Any vehicle parked without activity will be at risk of being towed. Please be respectful of others and move your vehicle out of the lot once you are done moving your belongings. If you have any questions or concerns regarding move-in parking, please talk to our staff upon key pick-up. We will have special accomodations for trucks with trailers, as well as large moving trucks. Neither of these vehicles will be able to fit in the garage. Please see the attached traffic map.
- Extra lamps
- Shower curtain (for tub/shower)
- Extra shelving
- Small appliances (toaster, blender, etc.)
- Pots and pans
- Bedding (all beds are regular length)
- Over the door storage
- Dish soap
- Hand soap
- Dish/kitchen towels
- Cups/coffee mugs
- Can opener
- Pot holder
- Trash can
- Trash bags
- Ziploc/storage bags
- Paper towels
- Clothes hamper
Appliances + Plumbing
- Use dishwashing pellets for best results
- If using liquid dishwashing detergent, only use a nickel-sized blob
- Do not use dish soap as an alternative to dishwashing liquid, this will cause waterto leak and may cause damage to property
What not to put down your Garbage Disposal:
- Grease, oil or fat
- Stringy or starchy vegetables
- Pasta or rice
- Glass, plastic, metal or paper
- Hard stuff (bones, pits and seeds)
- Large amounts of anything
- Egg shells
How to maintain a properly working garbage disposal:
- Deodorize your garbage disposal with lemon or orange peels
- Run cold water when garbage disposal in use
If the garbage disposal is clogged, please notify maintenance asap.
If after hours maintenance is called, a fee may be incurred.
Avoid clogged toilets and never flush:
- Tampons, condoms, sanitary napkins
- Fats, oils and grease
- Paper towel
- Pills, medicines, pharmaceuticals
- Dental floss, string or thread
Please do not hang anything on the sprinkler heads. If anything touches them, they will set off the alarm for the whole floor and flood it.
Understanding Common Charges
- $50.00 during normal business hours (Mon – Fri.: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
- $100.00 during non-business hours
- Apartment key replacement: $50.00 (entire unit must be re-keyed)
- FOB replacement: $25.00 (per individual)
- Mail key replacement: $25.00
- Unauthorized vehicles towed at vehicle owners’ expense; up to a $500 fee
- Window permit and parking puck must be visible at-all-times during valid contract dates
- Objects thrown or dropped from the windows or balcony of the unit will result in fines and possibly eviction:
- First violation: $300.00 fine per item (ex; 3 items x $300 = $900)
- Second violation: $300.00 fine per item + eviction
- Tenant agrees to maintain a reasonable level of noise at all times of the day and night, so as not to disturb or disrupt neighboring apartments:
- First complaint: warning
- Second complaint: $100.00
- Third complaint: $150.00
- $250.00 fee with $25.00 charge per day until pet is removed
SHOWER CURTAIN – DRYWALL DAMAGE
- Always use the shower curtain when in the shower. If water leaks onto bathroom floor, this can cause drywall damage which is not considered normal wear and tear
- LZ Management provides shower curtains for the stand alone shower. Curtains for the tub can bepurchased at any retail store, or, we have a limited amount for sale at the offices for Grand Central and X01 for $10. If you purchase one on your own, it must be 71”x74”
Frequently Asked Questions
- A good question to ask when looking for an apartment. Rent pays for everything. There are no extra amenities fees or additional charges. Heat, electricity, water, high-speed Internet, cable TV, furnishings, fitness center, study lounge / print access are all included. We also have trash chutes and recycling stations on every floor to help make life a little easier.
- A sublet happens when a current tenant decides to rent their unit to a third-party, while keeping the lease is in the original tenant’s name. We often have sublease agreements when a current tenant decides to study abroad for a semester, or won’t be in Madison for the summer months. Subletting can involve the entire unit, or individual bedrooms. If a tenant chooses to sublet, he/she is ultimately responsible for finding a sublease-tenant. However, LZ Management’s marketing team can assist in the process upon request. Price is to be negotiated between the original tenant and the sublet tenant. It’s important to keep in mind that the original amount of rent due remains the same. Additionally, the original tenant remains ultimately responsible for the lease if the sublease-tenant defaults. The original tenant is released from the lease obligations when the lease terminates. The sub-lessee(s) must complete an application to be approved by the landlord. In addition, all tenants, the sub-lessee(s), and the Landlord must sign the sublet agreement before the sublease becomes a legal amendment. Finally, there is a $150 sublet fee due upon completion of authorization.
- Absolutely! Rent can be paid online through the Appfolio tenant portal.
Yes. You can reach out to our property manager, Taylor Garstecki, with any questions or concerns via email at email@example.com or by phone at (608) 441-3400.
- A great and important question to ask. All entrances to the building (including the parking garages and elevators) have controlled access, meaning a fob is required to get in. There are also 24/7 surveillance cameras in all public spaces and entrances. In addition, we have on-site security overnight on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
Have more questions?
Feel free to contact your property representative directly to assist with any additional questions you have. On behalf of our entire staff, we look forward to having you as our resident.